Re: GCC Problem, 32-bit vs. 64-bit?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amiri Barksdale" <amiribarksdale@gmail.com>

My immediate reaction to your post is that it would be better to ask on a perl forum. (You should probably also provide the ouput of 'perl -V' so that others can see the precise nature of your particular build of perl.)
.
.
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/amiri/simapi-perl-5.0.0/lib/ libcybersource.a when searching for -lcybersource
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcybersource
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/CyberSource/SOAPI/SOAPI.so] Error 1

I see quite clearly that it is skipping an incompatible binary. But I should be able to make it use the proper tool, no? I do not know how.

Ok ... it overlooks the incompatible (32-bit build ?) of libcybersource.a.
Do you have a (compatible) 64-bit build of libcybersource.a ? If so, where is it located ?

Is it just a matter of starting off with:
perl Makefile.PL INC="-I/path_to/64-bit/cybersource/includes" LIBS="-L/path_to/64-bit/lib -lcybersource"

(Probably best to first run 'make realclean', to clean up the results of earlier attempts, before trying that out.)

Cheers,
Rob