Re: x32_64 cross compiler

To build a cross compiler, you need a complete toolchain that targets
the environment that interests you.  In your case, you need to build
binutils with --target=x86_64-pc-linux, then a basic gcc (do make
all-gcc and make install-gcc), then a complete glibc using the basic
gcc you just build (when building the libc, target becomes host, host
becomes build, and build goes away).  Make and install that after
placing the basic gcc first in your PATH.  Then go back to the basic
gcc and do a full make / install.

That's the quick and dirty outline method.