RE: is it a bug?

Patrick Lacasse wrote:

> Here is a sample code implementation of what I consider as being a
> bug in g++. Both g++ 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 have the same behaviour about
> this.

If you want to raise a bug about this you'll need to cite the parts of the C++ standard that prove what you're trying to do is legal. As another couple of data points g++ 4.3 and Comeau C++ reject this too.

IMO a better fix would be to specify the template argument on the function call, i.e.

    function<double>( A<double>(), 3 );

Rup.