bloatwatch - how to count macro expansions per macro-def

Im trying to get a handle on how much code-bloat is caused
by macro expansions in a large, macro-philic codebase (perl). I was hoping for a cpp/gcc option that would just do this, but alas no
- or have I missed a way to achieve this ?

This sounds (to me) like a generally useful option.
Given file:line:function of each expansion (and nested ones too),
we'd have a good basis for choosing which macros to convert
- 1st to inline functions, then possibly to regular ones.

Does anyone here concur, and have any further thoughts ?