Version for iMac OS X version 10.4.10

I have been looking on the GNU web pages for instructions on downloading a version of gcc (and also of gdb) that will work under OS X on my Apple iMac. I do not see this listed as a supported system, although I know that it has an Intel CPU. Also, there were so many versions available that I picked a "random" recent one, and found that the documentation was incomplete, for example, the README document in the install directory said only that the directory had been obsoleted for CGG snapshots and CVS access, implying, I think, that this was not a version I wanted to download. Can you help me find an appropriate version, and appropriate downloading and installation instructions? Thank you.