Re: Is malloc allocating memory on the virtual memory space ?

Hi Cesar,

> Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that the same program works
> seamless in my PC (1 processor 1.7G memory) so when I moved to UNIX I
> thought...It should work (considering that is C).
> these are the numbers when I ran ulimit -a

You're Windows machine has 2 GB (perhaps 3 or 4, depending on your hardware)
of addressable memory, some of it may be virtual memory.

Your HP-UX has ulimit constaints of 1 GB (some of which may be virtual
memory).

Increase the ulimit on your HP-UX platform.

HTH,
--Eljay