Re: Compiling after f2c

Thanks Tim. It is true that I'm on my own, and I'm
also  kind of lost. All this is new for me.

> You may have to define your issue better. You want
> to use f2c translated source without using the f2c
> main.o or the f2c link script, normally named fc?

I just followed the instructions in the f2c manual to
convert Fortran 77 code into C and then compile it. It
seems this is not enough or even right. For example,
there is no main_ line in any of .c files after
translation. I just don't know what are the f2c
main.o or the f2c link script.

> I never heard of anyone using the old f2c on x86-64.

I found the f2c RPM for Fedora 7 in x86-64 machines at
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/4706905/com/f2c-20031026-3.fc7_90.x86_64.rpm.html

> If you don't want to translate fully to C, nor use
> all the libraries of f2c, why not use gfortran?

I need the code in C to make some .mex files in
Octave. At this point I'm compiling to check if
executables are properly generated.

I look forward.
Thanks again

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../lib64/libf2c.so:
> undefined reference to `MAIN__' collect2: ld
> returned
> 1 exit status
>

> _______________________
> You may have to define your issue better. You want
> to use f2c translated source without using the f2c
> main.o or the f2c link script, normally named fc?
> You're probably pretty much on your own; I never
> heard of anyone using the old f2c on x86-64.
> If you don't want to translate fully to C, nor use
> all the libraries of f2c, why not use gfortran?
>
> Tim Prince

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html