Re: GCC-3.3.6 and MIPS instruction "EHB"

"Mohamed Bamakhrama" <bamakhrama@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi *,
> I am using GCC-3.3.6 for MIPS and tried to use the instruction "EHB"
> (Execution Hazard Barrier). However, I get the following error:
>
> Assembler messages:
> Error: opcode not supported on this processor: mips32 (mips32) 'ehb'
>
> Does anyone know if this instruction is supported in that version of
> GCC or any later versions?
> Moreover, is there any equivalent instructions that can be used instead?

The issue here is not the compiler, but the assembler.  The assembler
is shipped separately from the compiler, as part of the GNU binutils.
For more information, see http://sourceware.org/binutils/.

The GNU assembler will only recognize the EHB instruction when
assembling for a isa32r2 target.  You need to pass an appropriate
-march option to the compiler.  Or simply pass -mips32r2 to the
assembler.

Ian