gcc and lcc

dear sir

i'm trying to switch from windows to ubuntu linux. windows is giving me a very hard time while ubuntu runs excellent. but i'm just stuck in one place. i use matlab c-mex s-function in windows where the compiler is lcc. in linux, it is gcc. so, when i try to run the programs,that written in matlab windows, in my ubuntu it doesnt work. no libraries are found and the program doesnt work.

plz tell me or refer me if u know how to solve it.

thanks and regards

saadi