Old -v behavior, display active -D defines

Older versions of GCC, ( 2.X and I believe 3.X series) when invoked with the -v option use to print the active list of -D<defines>

Newer versions (4.X) of GCC do not seem to do that.

Reading the source, for example to libcpp, and others are not helping me find this information.

Is there an option that tells GCC to print _all_ active -D defines?

I am trying to determine if there are any -D<defines> that would tell me which combinations of
various -mcpu=<NAME> and -march=<NAME> type settings are in effect.

For example GCC (err, CPP) use to print -D__i386__=1, and other target, and sub-target specific defines.

Thanks.

-Duane.