Re: GCC for Brew Applications!!!

tmike@recipes4linux.com wrote:

Brew applications run on CDMA handsets, this is a Qualcomm environment. ergo, our pixsense gentleman needs to build a cross-version of gcc to support (probably) an ARM target without Linux. Brew runs on top of QCs realtime kernel called REX.
Ok, I already looked with Google using "Brew applications" and that gave data
about ARM7TDMI in some old article coming as the first hit... So maybe it would
be best to use Google or something, the situation being quite similar to needing
tools for the Symbian OS, then 'www.forum.nokia.com' or something would give
them. Maybe Qualcomm provides free prebuilt toolchains...

He should look at cross-tools if he doesn't have experience building
gcc for a cross environment.
Producing crosscompilers even for the "usual" targets, 'arm-elf', 'arm*-linux-gnu'
etc. seems to be quite tough for many... So prebuilt tools can be a sane choice.
"Practice with a prebuilt car before starting to build your own, if never seen a car
before"... With them the 'http://www.gnuarm.org' could be a place to start, but not
with Symbian and seemingly not with this "BREW" either...