RE: Problem building GCC 4.1.1 on RHEL4

Jon Earle wrote:

> What is also interesting about this compile error is that the
> referenced file doesn't appear to exist in source form for my
> platform (is this a GCC bug?):

No, crti.o should be supplied by glibc / the OS. You probably need to install the glibc-devel package for whichever architectures you're trying to build. I expect you just need to log in as root and run:

    yum install glibc-devel

which should pick up both the i686 and x86_64 versions; if not, try glibc-devel.i686 (might be i386) and glibc-devel.x86_64 separately.

Rup.