RE: Objects tied in by Linker

[Lehner, Michael]
I am not shure what you mean, but if you want to say, that elxr is not the GNU linker, that's right, these are Greenhills logs. Perhaps I did not point out clearly.

> This error is happening because that symbol is defined in a linkonce
> section.  This is a type of section supported by the GNU linker which
> causes it to only appear in the executable once.  The ELF standard
> supports a similar notion, the section group, and perhaps this source
> code will eventually shift over (or maybe it already has, I don't
> know).

[Lehner, Michael]
Ah, I see, this is because of a non standard section type, not suported by Greenhills. Is there a relation to the problem, that the linker complained about different section types for .debug_info or .debug_abbrev?

> Your simplest fix is going to be to locate those tables in the source
> code and make them static.  This will cause some duplication in the
> executable but should work correctly.

[Lehner, Michael]
I'll try that.

Are there any solutions fort he other errors where symbols I really can't find?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Lehner

Siemens AG
Automation and Drives
Industrial Automation Systems
A&D AS RD
Werner-von-Siemens Str. 50
92224 Amberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 9621 80-5209
michaellehner@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Heinrich v. Pierer;
Vorstand: Klaus Kleinfeld, Vorsitzender; Johannes Feldmayer, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Jürgen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München
Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322