Re: Help for shared library(Sun CC and GCC)

"Zhao Li,SCNB R&D NC(BJ)" <zhaoli@siemens.com> writes:

> For example, if project A is compiled and builded  to  shared library by GCC, but another project B is required to be compiled by Sun CC and B need function support of A. Do this scenario is supported?
>
> In fact, I'm facing this problem, and I find B could not be linked with A. (however, if we bulied B with GCC also, B is builded succesfully).
>
> but I think it's certain that shared lib should not depend compilers. Then I want to ask how can we compile and build A? Do it need special compile and link flags?

This should work if you are using C.  If you are, then it might help
if you send the exact error messages you are getting to the mailing
list.

If you are using C++, then this probably will not work.  I don't know
what ABI the Sun CC C++ compiler uses, but there is no reason to
expect that it is the same as the ABI that gcc uses.

Ian