Re: mingw svn trunk failure

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 05:32:24PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:53:54AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is this the correct place to talk about problems compiling gcc on mingw?
> >
> > If I checkout svn trunk, and do,
>
> I've reverted this patch,
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=rev&revision=119017
> and I am able to build svn trunk without a problem. It may not solve the
> problem I'm having (making gcc relocatable), but it does build.
>
> Mark or Carlos, do you have any idea why this patch is giving me an
> assertion? What should I do?

It is giving you an assertion because the relocated toolchain is
referencing an external directory which is not relocatable. We did this
to make sure we had the logic right.

I will bet you used --with-slibdir or --with-gxx-include-dir that
references an absolute path?

I have a patch that will fix this. I'll post it this evening.

Bob, could you please provide your gcc configure options?

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell