Re: gcc binary comparison help

No I'm actually comparing library files.  Someone had mentioned I
should be comparing .o files first, which I did, but they remain the
same each time.  It's only the build contents I listed and the binary
that change.

~Caleb

On 06 Dec 2006 15:07:18 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
"Caleb Cittadino" <caleb.cittadino@gmail.com> writes:

> Strangely, when I use -frandom-seed I get a bigger set of differing
> data between the resulting library files.  I checked the documentation
> for gcc and it states this options is used to "produce reproducibly
> identical object files."  So I assume this will only work on .o files?

Wait: are you comparing .o or .a files?  .a files will always have
lots of differences, because the .a file includes a timestamp.

You should be able to compare the .o files reliably.

Ian