Re: Help with g++ (Newbie)

Hi,

WRT
> Tell us the precise command that you ran and the precise output that
> you got.  We can't guess.

I am working in a directory 'New Folder' which contains the following files:
- main.cpp                 //main program
- fittinglib.a                //library/archive file
- CurveFittingAPI.h     //header file containing the exposed functions from
the library file fittinglib.a

I ran the following command:
g++ -Wall main.cpp fittinglib.a

I got the following output:

C:\test2\New Folder>g++ -Wall main.cpp fittinglib.a
main.cpp:4:20: no include path in which to search for string.h
In file included from main.cpp:5:
CurveFittingAPI.h:15:18: no include path in which to search for vector
In file included from main.cpp:5:
CurveFittingAPI.h:52: error: `std::vector' has not been declared
CurveFittingAPI.h:52: error: expected `,' or `...' before '<' token
CurveFittingAPI.h:53: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `parameter' with
no
type
main.cpp: In function `int main()':
main.cpp:10: error: `strcpy' undeclared (first use this function)
main.cpp:10: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each f
unction it appears in.)
main.cpp:13: warning: unused variable 'success'
g++: Internal error: Signal 1 (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
Send email to arm-gcc@codesourcery.com for instructions.

> I assume that by "an exe" you mean an executable file (the default
> name on Unix is "a.out", but you can call it anything you like;
> executable files generally have no extension on Unix).  g++ will
> generate this by default.  For example "g++ hello.cc" will generate
> the executable file "a.out".
>
> I assume that by "an .out file" you mean an object file (on Unix these
> usually have an extension of ".o").  g++ will generate that if you use
> the -c option.  See the documentation.

Yes, by exe I meant an executable file. By a '.out' file, I meant an output
file or UNIX executable file. But, I would like to create an executable file
on Windows(.exe) using g++. Pardon my ignorance, but is that possible or
does it generate only UNIX executable files?

thanks for replying,
Abhi