gcc3.3.3 vs gcc4.0.0

Sorry for posting this request in gcc-bugs mailing list...
So here it is in gcc-help mailing list.

----- Forwarded by jayashree.nair/Polaris on 11/24/2006 02:27 PM -----

                      jayashree.nair
                                               To:       gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
                      11/22/2006 03:02         cc:       jayashree.nair@polaris.co.in
                      PM                       Subject:  gcc3.3.3 vs gcc4.0.0

Hello,
I have a proc file which I compile with the proc compiler and link it with
gcc.
The .pc file  as well as makefile is same in two m/c's.

In one m/c with gcc3.3.3 installed, I have no problem in compiling and
linking.

In another m/c with gcc4.0.0 installed, I was getting the following error:

p15.c:4857: error: conflicting types for 'logerror'
p15.c:4812: error: previous implicit declaration of 'logerror' was here

logerror() was not declared in the p15.pc file.

So I changed the code and declared the method before my main routine and it
solved my problem.

What  I would like to know is that why is this giving me such different
results with the different versions.
Or is there something wrong in the makefile. However my makefile is same in
both the m/c's
Or maybe my 2nd m/c doen't have the requisite libraries in the paths
mentioned.

Somebody please help in dipersing these doubts.

FYI:

Snapshot of makefile :

p15.o: p15.pc
        $(PROC) $(PROCPLSFLAGS) iname=p15.pc userid=$(USERID)
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -I $(INCLUDEPATH) -c p15.c

p15: unxfns.o rpg_fns.o p15.o cfarerr.o cfarsms.o
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o p15 p15.o unxfns.o rpg_fns.o cfarsms.o cfarerr.o
-Wl,-L/usr/lib/ -L$(LIBPATH) -L$(LIBLOCAL)

Note*  unxfns.o, rpg_fns.o, cfarsms.o, cfarerr.o :  all are properly
compiled and linked objects.

Variables :

USERID=cfar/cfar@liqdty
NETWORKHOME=$(ORACLE_HOME)/network/
PLSQLHOME=$(ORACLE_HOME)/plsql/
INCLUDEPATH=./ -I $(ORACLE_HOME)/precomp/public
LIBPATH=$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib32/ -lnsl -lclntsh -lgeneric9
LIBLOCAL$ = ./

Regards
Jayashree Nair

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in