Re: run program compiled on another kernel

Danijel Mlinaric wrote:
Hi,
I have a little problem with programs compiled on the latest Fedora Core 6, gcc version 4.1.1. The thing is when I run any program, including simplest printf("hello world")... on devil linux version 1.2.10 kernel 2.4.32, I get message: "Floating point exception". I normally run all programs on Fedora, but I need to get things working on Devil. I was thinking that the problem is with difference between kernel version 2.4 vs. 2.6 (Fedora). I tried to compile programs with -O0 option (without optimization), but no good. Any ideas?

This is the wrong mailing list. You might have better luck on a mailing list for the Devil linux distribution.

Most of the time, you can move programs from one version
of Linux to a later version without problem.  There may be
issues moving from a later version to earlier, since version
will often have later library versions as well.

Generally, you would do well to recompile a program when
moving to an earlier distribution.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077