Re: vactorization in gcc

ranjith kumar wrote:
Hi,
 I have read about SIMD(SSE,SSE2....) features of
Pentium 4.
 I know that one can write code to explioit such a
feature by using functions in <xmmintrin.h>.....

Given a C program which does not exploit SIMD feature,
but can be modified to exploit such a feature, can GCC optimizer modifies the code to exploit it???

Please send any source to know more about this.
Thanks in advance.
With so much material on this subject readily available (do you have a search engine, or access to gcc.gnu.org?), I can't guess what specific question you have in mind. Did you have trouble spelling the terminology, e.g. auto-vectorization?