Re: cannot link an .o file

melchor moro oliveros wrote:

I cannot generate a .exe from a very simple unique .c
I manage to get the .o but no link action is carried out.

command: gcc -lobj c:\MyProgram\Mysource.c -lc:\include

error message: "gcc: -lobjc: linker input file unused since linking not done"

what am i doing wrong? can you help me out?

You may want to check FAQs for examples pertinent to the tools you are using, starting with even more basic tasks. Then ask on the corresponding forum. I guess it's some Windows version of gcc. Most implementations of gcc use GNU binutils for linking; evidently gcc thinks you are giving an option to ld. -l options (after source and object files) normally are expanded into a .a or .dll reference. If you meant to use c:\include as an include file directory, that normally would be done by -I prior to the source file name.