RE: Compiling mult-threaded C code on AIX

Hello,

I have a multi-threaded program that seems to run well on my Solaris box
but I can't port it to the AIX server that I need it to run on.  The
compilers are configured different i.e. the one on Solaris is configured
to the POSIX standard and the one on the AIX box is AIX specific.  I
talked with my Unix Admin about reloading it configured to the POSIX
standard but he would have none of that.

I know they are completely different operating systems in almost every
way but I was hoping to port the code.  Biggest problem I have with the
AIX box is symbol not found for create_pthread.  The funny thing about
that is that the compiler will show me errors when the call has bad
syntax.  As soon as it has the correct syntax then I get the symbol not
found.

I tried two specific things, (1) putting the pthread.h as the first
include file, (2) compiling the code with the -phreads option.  Any
words of advice from the community?  Like for instance does someone know
if this can even work?

Regards,
Jen

Jennifer L Mead