Re: Problem in Install gcc on Windows XP

gnilleps kirjoitti:
I tried to generate the config files (see quote below the output) and
received this output (Note: I believe I followed the directions above the
section I quoted to the letter.  I used the pre-compiled binutils)

checking host system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking build system type... i386-pc-mingw32
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables

Any thoughts?
Before trying to drive thousand miles with your car, it would be
useful to see whether it could succeed a hundred feets!

What about testing your existing 'gcc' first with compiling and
linking a "Hello World"?  Can it even create this executable?