Re: Modifying the LABEL for functions emitted by the GCC Compiler

Rohit Arul Raj wrote:

The gcc-coldfire compiler spits out the labels as it is in the assembly file (main, printf etc), where as the IDE compiler spits out the labels prefixed with a '_' (_main, _printf etc).

Is there any way  i can  make gcc-coldfire compiler emit  the lables
prefixed with an underscore (' _ ').Can anyone Help me OUT of this
mess!!!

How about reconciling the -fleading-underscore options?

Yeah Thanks!!!

That works for the compiler.... But the problem is that how can i
force my linker to accept the labels with an '_'.
If i link with an '_' prefix i get the following error message
<Error>
metro.o: In function `_main':
(.text+0xe): undefined reference to `_printf'
metro.o: In function `_main':
(.text+0x8): relocation truncated to fit: R_68K_16 against `_@7'
sim-crt0.o: In function `start':
sim-crt0.S:(.text+0x56): undefined reference to `main'
<Error>
Is there any option available in the Linker part to get round this???

ttyl,
Rohit