Re: PPC SDA

> COPTS = -O2 -meabi -G 256 -msdata=eabi -mbig -mregnames -mstrict-align
> -mupdate -mmultiple -nostdinc -nostdlib

	I believe that you need to add -fno-common.  At least that seems
to work in more recent releases of GCC.

	GCC defaults to -fcommon, which does not strictly follow ANSI, but
is assumed by a large body of code and usually doesn't break things.
Assuming that uninitialized data is COMMON, overrides the BSS designation
and bypasses the special SBSS section handling.

	It is not obvious to me that GCC implicitly should default to
-fno-common for eABI small data handling.  In other words, I am not sure
who or what should be responsible for the inconsistency.

David