Re: Sections (.got .got2 .gcc_except_table .fixup), what are they for?

Jeff:

    The basic concept behind some of these sections is discussed
in the Sun "Linker And Libraries Guide" available for free download
from sun.com.

Thomas Dineen

Jeff Lasslett wrote:

Hello,

I can't seem to find an explanation of the nature of the following sections:

.got

.got2

.gcc_except_table

.fixup

My questions are as follows ...

For each section mentioned,
    (a) what is stored in the section?
    (b) should it be in ROM or RAM?
        (Is its contents adjusted at runtime?)

I've currently got them all in flash (ROM) and it all seems to work but I'm nervous because I don't know why it works or whether it will always work.

Cheers,
    Jeff