Re: GCJ and JNI

Jay H. Hartley writes:
 > I've been trying to use GCJ to ahead-of-time compile a Java app and have
 > encountered a runtime problem. The app uses a custom JNI library for serial
 > port access, and loading it is the source of my current trouble. I'm trying
 > to find out if the current version of GCJ can do what I want. If it does,
 > I'd appreciate guidance in tracking down the source of my problem. Now the
 > details...
 >
 > The application is intended to run on an embedded system (ARM chip, Linux
 > kernel 2.4.26, glibc 2.3.2), so it's a cross-compile.

This seems to come up every week or two.

I think your problem is due to incomplete libffi support on ARM.

For some reason that I don't understand, no-one with an ARM system has
contributed the patches we need to make it work.

Check out the thread beginning at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-08/msg00032.html.

Andrew.