Re: Gcc On Solaris Sparc Versus Solaris Intel

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 18:29 -0700, Thomas Dineen wrote:
> Gentle People?
> Why would there be such a difference in the between gcc on
> Sparc versus Intel? I would of thought that the C Parcer Defination
> and thus top level compiler behavior would be identical for all gcc
> versions andf platforms?
>
> Someone mentioned that the header files are different:
> I wonder why? I would of thought at that level of abstraction
> they would be identical.

Why do you think this is something to cross post to a development
list also?

Also why do you really think this is a GCC bug, there is nothing obvious
that is a GCC issue.  Maybe you need struct in front of exec_struct_sun.
Maybe you are trying to compile C++ code with the C front-end.
Maybe exec_struct_sun only exist on the sparc solaris.

Maybe you should ask a solaris specific mailing list before asking a GCC
specific one.

--- Pinski