Re: BFD error

Phil taddei wrote:
I had installed the 2.17 binutils. I wonder why it is still looking at 2.14? Did I do something wrong?

Unless you wipe out your original binutils by installing the new one configured (typically) with --prefix=/usr, you must fiddle with your PATH setting so the new one is found first, when you want it, and the old one is first, when you want that. On some of my installations, the default PATH has /usr/local/bin (typical default when you build from source without --prefix) first when on a local console, but not when on telnet.