RE: Gcc3.2 build error on Solaris 10

Hi, Dan,

Although I haven't timed Tamino when he's been building Gcc, the poor
guy takes hours to do that.  I'll launch a build at midnight, only to
hear the ol' fellow still clinking, clanking, and clunking at about
11:00 the next morning.  But I still upgrade to the latest gcc each time
a new release come out.  I don't need the newest electronic gadget.  If
I did, Tamino would already be in computer heaven.  I do like to keep
the newest versions of my coompilers, though, especially the ones for
Prolog, Haskell, and Lisp.

Cheers,
Bill

> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks for the offer, but we've already confirmed GCC3.2 builds ok on
our Solaris 8/9 systems (we've got a few senior citizens of our own
doddering about the place). It seems Solaris10 has modified it's systems
headers sufficiently to break the GCC3.2.x build, but it would be nice
if someone out there with solaris10 could double check to see if it is
really Solaris10 or just our system.

> However, seeing as this release is years behind the current curve, it
couldbe a wake-up for us to update our compilers, as has already been
hinted. Painful, but perhaps time?

> Cheers,
>
> Dan

When once