Re: Building gcc-4.1.1

"Bill McEnaney" <bill@rkirkpat.net> writes:

> I've just installed GNU make-3.81.  After I ran "makeinfo --version",
> the workstation complained that it couldn't find ELF.

I don't know what "couldn't find ELF" means.  What is the exact error
message?

Note that makeinfo has nothing to do with make.  makeinfo is part of
the texinfo package.

This is what I see when I run makeinfo --version:

makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.8

There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

Ian