gcc-4.1.0 need help with install

I am fairly new to using Linux, and am unsure how to go about
installing gcc, so I had a few questions on how to do it.

First, I wanted to make sure that 4.1.0 includes libstdc++.so.6, since
that's a file I need for another product.
Second, I'm not sure which files I need to get from the FTP site to
install gcc-4.1.0, since the folder for it contains many files, and
I'm don't know what most of them are for.

Once I get the necessary files downloaded, I'm sure readme and such
files will guide me through the step by step install, so for now I
don't think I'll need help with that.

If it helps at all, I'm using SuSE 10 as my distro.

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Josh Paugh