Re: Problems making a cross-compiler

David Fernandez kirjoitti:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/gnu-build/gcc'
"Leaving the 'gcc' subdirectory" means that your "GCC" is ready (in the old gcc-2.8 and earlier meaning) !

After installing the "GCC parts" you can try compiling "Hello World" and see what on earth the problem
now is... The "GCC installation" happens with the command 'make install-gcc'. Producing "only" GCC
happens with 'make all-gcc', if this succeeds, GCC can be installed and tested. After fixing the problems
in your current GCC, producing the 'libiberty' and 'libstdc++-v3' parts can be continued.
Configuring in i686-pc-msdosdjgpp/libstdc++-v3
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking build system type... i386-redhat-linux-gnu
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/uio.h usability... no
checking sys/uio.h presence... no
checking for sys/uio.h... no
checking for g++ that supports -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections... yes
checking for sin in -lm... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
Getting libstdc++-v3 requires a working GCC which can create simple executables like "Hello World" !
"Don't consider driving hundreds of miles with your car before you are sure that it can go even one mile..."

P.D. I've been unable to find crossgcc faq...
Has there ever been such? Those claiming to be that have only been opinions from some persons (consultants
etc. selling their own services), never giving any "Frequently Asked Questions", asked on the crosgcc maillist, and
given answers to them... Maybe someone could collect those questions and their answers (not me, I too would
have too many own opinions about these things after more than 1000 cross-GCC builds...)