This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tools-gcc] problem with the linker
- From: Keith M Wesolowski <keith dot wesolowski at sun dot com>
- To: phanikumar dot ankireddy at tcs dot com
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, tools-gcc at opensolaris dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:34:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tools-gcc] problem with the linker
- References: <OF37B09CFF.DA3B3BDB-ON652570A6.00394B2E-652570A6.00394B45@tcs.com>
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 03:55:48PM +0530, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> We are facing problems when trying to define the scope of some functions as
> We didnt find any eqivalent option in the GNU ld version 22.214.171.124.18.
This has nothing to do with gcc.
Look at GNU ld's --version-script option. The GNU ld texinfo docs
include a section on versioning and visibility; it's very similar to
Solaris ld's mapfiles. I don't know when this was added, so your RH9
linker may or may not include it; GNU ld version 2.15 in Solaris 10+
does have the required support.
obgcc: You can use -Wl,-M,mapfile instead of the more verbose
Keith M Wesolowski "Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"