This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling for AMD Turion 64
- From: Arturas Moskvinas <arturas dot moskvinas at gmail dot com>
- To: Jure Repinc <jlp at holodeck1 dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:05:18 +0300
- Subject: Re: Compiling for AMD Turion 64
- References: <435A395A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I would like to know which compiler flags are optimal for compiling for
> AMD Turion 64 mobile processor. If they are different for 32 and 64 bit
> mode I would like to know the differences. For example If I get the mcpu
> right it should now be set to athlon-xp if compiling for 32-bit mode and
> athlon64 if compiling for 64 bit mode. Or are there some more specific
> settings for AMD Turion 64?
> Also is there much difference in support for AMD Turion 64 in GCC 3.4.4
> and 4.0.2?
> Thank in advance for all your answers and help!
AMD Turion 64 CPU is the same AMD Athlon 64, only with a better power
consumption, so there is no "special" or "specific" settings for AMD
About the difference between GCC 3.4.4 and 4.0.2 I do not know, but I
think 4.0.X GCC generates a bi better code than 3.4.4 (but you have to
benchmark your program to be for sure...)