Re: "visibility attribute not supported in this configuration"

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 13:45 +0200, Paolo Massimino wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have compiled gcc v4.0.1 on a red hat 7.3.
> When I use the flag -fvisibility=hidden compiling my project, a
> "visibility attribute not supported in this configuration;  ignored"
> warning appear many times (one for each non-static function).
> I would like to know if there is some configuration i have to setup
> before compiling the gcc to activate this feature, or if there is some
> incpmpatibility with an old ld or other bin-util.

What is the version of ld / binutils / glibc you are using in
conjunction with this ? Look at the config.log for the particular build,
it should tell you stuff about the .hidden , .internal being supported
or not . Try building with later versions of glibc and binutils and
maybe it will work .

cheers
Ramana