This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "visibility attribute not supported in this configuration"
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at codito dot com>
- To: Paolo Massimino <paolo dot massimino at studenti dot polito dot it>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:17:28 +0530
- Subject: Re: "visibility attribute not supported in this configuration"
- References: <434A545F.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: ramana dot radhakrishnan at codito dot com
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 13:45 +0200, Paolo Massimino wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have compiled gcc v4.0.1 on a red hat 7.3.
> When I use the flag -fvisibility=hidden compiling my project, a
> "visibility attribute not supported in this configuration; ignored"
> warning appear many times (one for each non-static function).
> I would like to know if there is some configuration i have to setup
> before compiling the gcc to activate this feature, or if there is some
> incpmpatibility with an old ld or other bin-util.
What is the version of ld / binutils / glibc you are using in
conjunction with this ? Look at the config.log for the particular build,
it should tell you stuff about the .hidden , .internal being supported
or not . Try building with later versions of glibc and binutils and
maybe it will work .
> Thank you in advace.