Can GCC be used for extracting comments (like Doxygen)?

I have many C files with Javadoc-style comments. Each statement contains a
comment before it. I need to generate documentation from this. I am looking
for a tool which takes the C files and generates a file from which the
documentation and the corresponding source code can be easily extracted
(i.e., more easily than by parsing the source code).

I tried Ccdoc but it processes only header files. I tried Doxygen but it
loses the correspondence between the comments and source code. Is it
possible to use GCC for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.
--
Masatran (Rajasekaran Deepak)