Problem with GCC 3.2 Compiler for 64bit mode compilation on solaris8

Hi ,

My Name is Mahaboob Saida Shaik.

I am using GCC 3.2 compiler for compiling our code in 64bit mode. I am facing the problems with the libraries.

The problem I got is given below

/home/pub/applications/gcc/3.2/bin/gcc -O2 -Wall -Werror -m64 -DOSVERSION=5.8 -c toolLogger.c

ar -rcs libtoollogger.a toolLogger.o

/home/pub/applications/gcc/3.2/bin/c++ -O2 -Wall -Werror -m64 -DOSVERSION=5.8 -c toolLoggerServer.cc

/home/pub/applications/gcc/3.2/bin/c++ -m64 -r -o toolloggerserver toolLoggerServer.o -lsocket -lnsl
ld: warning: file /usr/lib/libsocket.a(getservent.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: warning: file /usr/lib/libnsl.a(inet_ntoa.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: library -lgcc_s_sparcv9: not found
ld: warning: file /usr/lib/libc.a(atexit.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: library -lgcc_s_sparcv9: not found
ld: warning: file /usr/lib/libc.a(atexit.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to toolloggerserver
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
clearmake: Error: Build script failed for "toolloggerserver"

When I try to compile using Forte compiler I was able to compile with out any errors.

I am using sun solaris 8 environment.

Could you please let me know what could be the problem and how it could be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.,
Mahaboob Saida Shaik

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you