Re: Problem with class operators.

Kristian,

  Are you asking if there is a way for the compiler to make note of an
internal linkage and instantiation in one file and translate that to
another file?

  I think that you'll find scoping rules will limit this.  The
declaration and sometimes definition needs to be visible at the time
of instantiation.

  A basic example is section 14.7 paragraph 6 of the specification:

If an implicit instantiation of a class template specialization is
required and the template is declared but not
defined, the program is ill-formed.

[Example:
template<class T> class X;

X<char> ch; // error: definition of X required
—end example]

Paragraph 3 gives examples for required method instantiations.

corey