Re: Gcc for PowerPC

Chen, Qin Fei wrote:
Hi,

I can use gcc compile for Intel and AMD cpu by specifying the switch "-mcpu=pentium4", but can't get powerPC work. if I set the switch to "-mcpu=powerpc", I always get the error message "cc1: error:had value <powerpc> for -mcpu switch". Could you help me and provide some advice if any. Thanks.

best regards.........qinfei

If you are using the -mcpu=powerpc with the same GCC image that is used to build i386 apps, then the error is expected.
You might choose to use that option with GCC built for powerpc.

cheers
Ramana

-- Ramana Radhakrishnan GNU Tools codito ergo sum (www.codito.com)