Re: C++ property support

On Sunday 10 April 2005 3:44 pm, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Christian Parpart <trapni@gentoo.org> writes:
> | On Sunday 10 April 2005 12:01 am, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | > Stefan Strasser <sstrasser@systemhaus-gruppe.de> writes:
[....]
> | And I was asking wether GCC is
> | about to support this. (as others - at least: namely MSVC and BCC) are
> | said to support this, already.
>
> The short answer is: If it is not in the standard there is little to
> zilk chance.

Of course, I'm always compiling my sources with somewhat paranoid flags like:

-ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wno-long-long -Wno-unknown-pragmas

However, this little feature (properties) would be a reason for changing my
mind, especially where a friend of mine just told me, that "properties are
about to hit the c++ standard", meaning, somewhere in the future, but they
will definitely be. That's why I was asking in here anyway.

> I mentioned comp.std.c++ because I think that is an appropriate place
> you could discuss the faith of that functionality as far as C++0x goes.

my client (or ISP or whatever) disliked news groups for any reason. That's why
I'm more and more inactive there.

Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 17:46:58 up 18 days,  6:53,  0 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.46, 0.45