Re: C++ property support

Christian Parpart schrieb:

and the microsoft proposal (derived from C#)

class my_bar {
public: property int bar {
int get() { return value; }
void set(int v) { value = v; }
}
private:
int value;
}

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1600.html

first of all, I think comp.lang.c++.moderated is a better place to discuss things like that.

then, I don't think the next version of C++ will have properties as a language feature.
see n1615 for a few arguments by comitee members.
I don't agree with all of them but the most important is: without reflection, properties are only a syntax change of something you can achieve without properties as well.

this paper also proposes a library solution without core language extension you might be interested in - although it has drawbacks like implementation pointer overhead.

Regards,

--
Stefan Strasser