identify gcc C (and C++) frontend source files

Hello,

I'm trying to build a smart refactoring tool for C and
later C++ and want to use the gcc frontend.

After reading the relevant parts from the "Internals"
manual (chapter 9 particularly), I've looked around
the source code to extract the parts I need. Working
my way up from the lexer and parser didn't get me very
far so I figured somebody here may be willing to give
me some help  with this.

Thank you.