Should I expect a gcc as the output of the build?

Hello.
I am new to gcc and need your help.
I downloaded gcc-3.3.x.tar and tried to build it myself. The commands I used are

$./congfigure --enable languages=c,c++ --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu
$make

The compilation seems to be successful. I expected a gcc among other tools as the results of build.  I could not find any file named gcc as the output of the compilation, although I see cc1, cc1plus, g++, etc. Should I expect a gcc? what is the xgcc in the ./gcc subdirectory?

My host system is i686 GNU linux and my OS is Fedorea Core 2. My host gcc is version 3.3.3 which comes with Fedora core 2 installation.

Thanks.

Pavarotti

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com