Possible gcc 3.4.4 bug.

Hello,

I am using FreeBSD 4.9 and the latest gcc 3.4.4 shapshot: gcc-3.4.4_20050211. I get errors when I try to compile
the following code snippet.

template <class T> class Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
  protected:
    int m_sz;
};
template<class T> class Derived : public Base<T>
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
};

The errors are as follows:

pgn> g++34 t.cc
t.cc: In member function `int Derived<T>::size()':
t.cc:11: error: `m_sz' undeclared (first use this function)
t.cc:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

If I fully qualify the name, as follows, the errors disappear.

template <class T> class Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
  protected:
    int m_sz;
};
template<class T> class Derived : public Base<T>
{
  public:
    int size() { return Base<T>::m_sz; }
};

If I use ordinary, non-template classes, as follows, the compiler accepts the code.

class Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
  protected:
    int m_sz;
};
class Derived : public Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
};

Finally, if I use an ordinary base class and a template derived class, as follows, the compiler accepts the code.

class Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
  protected:
    int m_sz;
};
template<class T> class Derived : public Base
{
  public:
    int size() { return m_sz; }
};

My understand of C++ code right now is that 'm_sz' should be available to derived classes reguardless of whether it
is contained in a template or ordinary class. Further, I should not have to fully qualify it to have access to it.

Have I found bug? How do I determine if it is already reported? How do I report it?
--
phil