Re: Information about xscale-elf-gcc-4.0.0 binary

Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com> writes:

> I recently build GCC for XScale architecture and I see that there is
> one binary called. xscale-elf-gcc-4.0.0 which is same size as
> xscale-elf-gcc binary
>
> What is the difference between these two binaries and why is
> xscale-elf-gcc-4.0.0
> provided ?

There is no difference.  In fact the two installed names are normally
hard-linked together, so they really are precisely the same.  gcc has
traditionally installed a both a gcc binary and a gcc binary with an
explicit version number.  This is handy when you install multiple
versions of the compiler on the same system.

Ian