Re: Predefined Names in GCC C++, where are they _all_ documented

Paul E Condon wrote:
I have a need for a way to have an object/class be aware of it own
text name. I think I can do this with __FUNCTION__ , but if I could
find an exhaustive list of predefineds maybe something else would
be more appropriate. Where can I find such a list. Also, I need to
know which of these are part of standard C++ and which are special
to GCC.

__FUNCTION__ & __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ are gnu extensions to C and C++ standards. Look in the extensions section of the GCC manual. They provide information to a function (member or non-member). They do not provide information to a class or object, but perhaps they'll fulfil your need.

nathan