Re: #ident query

Barry Clarkson <cheekyscamp@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I'm in the process of porting some code to a Linux
> based platform that is using gcc 3.2.2.  I am trying
> to enforce ansi C (as near as possible!) but there are
> #ident directives within the code for third party
> source control. What can I modify within the source
> (not ideal) or on the command line to get ansi C and
> safely ignore the '#ident' directives (tried
> -fno-ident)?

The only way to modify the command line would be to remove
-pedantic-errors.  If you use -pedantic-errors, you are asking to
compiler to give you an error for anything which is pedantically
incorrect.  #ident is pedantically incorrect.  There is no option for
"all pedantic errors except this particular one."

If you insist on -pedantic-errors, then you need to modify the source
code to remove the #ident directives.

Ian