From: Adam Stein [mailto:adam@scan.mc.xerox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 5:00 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org; jan@thertdc.com; Lev Assinovsky
Subject: RE: I want to build a library rather than an executable

I've never had any luck using gcc to create a shared library.  It never seemed
to work for me (maybe I was just doing it wrong).  Using ld has always worked
fine.  This has always been on Solaris.  I use gcc/g++ for linking a standalone
program linking to the shared library and that takes care of libstdc++ and
libgcc.

                                                Adam
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam@scan.mc.xerox.com