From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of John Sullivan via RT
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:26 AM
To: maurice_mukuna@yahoo.fr
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org; gnu@gnu.org; steve@smc.vnet.net
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #211945] I need your help !

> Hi,
>
> i'm software analyst and developer in Belgium.
> I want to test and compare the performance of some JVM and compilers (JIT, Native code generator, JVM Optimised).
> I'm facing some problème when installing GCJ.
> I want to install GCJ on Solaris Sparc 64 plateform.
> When i transfert "gcc-3.3.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz" file (with or without binary FTP command) and i gunzip it, i have the following error :
> bash-2.03$ gunzip gcc-3.3.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz
> gunzip: gcc-3.3.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz: unexpected end of file
>
> What about this file and where i can find the good one ?
> Where i can find good articles ?
> There is two days i'm stopped.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but as this is only a general contact address, I cannot
properly answer technical questions such as yours.  The best I can do is
refer you to the GCC Manual (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/) and Frequently
Asked Questions (http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html).  If neither of those provide
an answer to your question, please contact the GCC users' help list; you
can learn more about it at <http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>.

I am sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

--

Sincerely,

John Sullivan
Program Administrator

Free Software Foundation	Phone: (617)542-5942 x23
59 Temple Place, Suite 330	Fax:   (617)542-2652
Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA	Email: info@fsf.org
http://member.fsf.org